ebay refund, I paid twice!

endee1
Contributor
Contributor

I had problem with an ebay sale, shipment was lost.

The buyer opened a dispute, Ebay put a hold on my paypal account for the amount, so my account was showing negative balance. I transferred money from my bank account to cover this, however this payment was still showing as uncleared yesterday.

Then last night ebay refunded the buyer and this was charged to my credit card.

This morning I get notice from Paypal saying the transfer from my bank has completed, but there's still 0.00 balance in my Paypal account

So I've been charged for the refund twice - I tranferred the amount from my bank account, and it was also charged to my credit card.

Tried calling Paypal but phone system is useless as I don't really know what category this falls under, I just need a person to speak to.

Or is this an ebay issue and I need to contact them?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

endee1
Contributor
Contributor
Anyway, funds are finally released and back in my account, so all is good

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @endee1,

Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to the PayPal Community. I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with an eBay dispute, I know how frustrating and confusing those refunds completed by eBay can be. Normally those refunds completed by eBay take your account negative, they're not normally charged to your credit card. If the refund took your account negative on PayPal's side, it sounds like that's what your money went to when you transferred funds from your bank. If you have seen a charge from your credit card, that may have been from eBay's side, I might recommend giving eBay support a shout to see if they've initiated that charge. 

Best of luck with your dispute!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

endee1
Contributor
Contributor
So apparently eBay didn't release the hold on the funds for some reason. Instead they charged it to my credit card. Seems crazy that eBay can just do whatever the hell they like with my money. If this hadn't been a large amount I probably wouldn't have even noticed
Login to Me Too
Solved

endee1
Contributor
Contributor
Anyway, funds are finally released and back in my account, so all is good
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.