eBay buyer lost case, opened PayPal case

Mecca12
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer opened a eBay case last week claiming “item not received” even though tracking was provided, signature required, also obtained a FedEx “proof of delivery” detailed document which included everything as well as the buyers name as the signature. Got that handled with eBay in my favor, case closed and it actually showed that the buyer confirmed the item was received. Well, here we are a week later, buyer has opened a PayPal case with the same message claiming he got a notification the item was delivered, went home, and nothing there so he’s requesting a refund. PayPal is giving me the options to provide tracking/message buyer/refund/partial refund, escalate etc. I don’t want to take any further action yet as this my first time dealing with all this and would hate to lose a case and my product totaling about $1800. Should I provide the tracking again on PayPal’s case options and message the buyer that we already went through this on eBay and the case was found in my favor and you (buyer) confirmed with eBay that the item was received? Should I leave it alone and call PP first thing in the morning? Any help is appreciated!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mecca12 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 totally separate companies with 2 totally separate dispute policies.

So yes personally I would message the buyer (which paypal may read) citing what has happened AND provide tracking and EVERYTHING ELSE you can provide to prove delivery of the item to the buyer but leave it to the buyer to escalate. If he does not escalate then it will time out at 20 days.

If he escalates make sure you have provided as much information before that as you may not be able to afterwards. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mecca12
Contributor
Contributor
Was hoping to get the case resolved faster, not really wanting to wait it out as $800+ isn’t just pocket change. I’ve responded to the buyer and provided tracking through the case options. Now just trying to get in contact with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

JS0511
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I haven't the account Privileges to ask the community yet but would be obliged if I could ask you something as I have seen your username on a couple of threads. A buyer opened case after Ebay after 30 days cut off point I asked why and didn't get a response from Buyer. evidence  of changing address. buyer never acted and case was closed by Ebay after 21 days. I understand that they are separate companies but there is no more way of showing the information from the Ebay case? the only response is respond, already offered different amount, offer different amount,  tracking information. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.