eBay/PayPal SCAM FRAUD

jbrillant
New Community Member

I am the victim of an eBay/PayPal SCAM FRAUD.  I had an item listed on eBay and the buyer asked for $300 Google Play Gift cards that asked me to invoice her at an email address which then showed up as a PayPal pending transaction on the account.  The buy then asked for images of the gift cards and obviously, the funds never hit my account (the SCAM part).  What can I do to issue a report and begin an investigation to refute this nonauthorized transaction?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jbrillant 

SCAM.
They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and do not have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to send a money request or invoice which is NEVER paid.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

Paypal never tell you to supply gift card info or send goods to a buyer before being paid.

Sadly you have been scammed and none of the transaction was done on paypals site apart from you sending an invoice that wasn't paid.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.