eBay Nigeria scam

Rmil6617
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all 

I have sold my iPad on eBay the buyer has not paid for it. This has been going on for a couple of days they are sending me email saying they are going to make payment. The eBay account has an address in London and zero feedback. The first email I got said they are away on business and will make payment today. So I get an email today saying they have made payment via PayPal . It had a PayPal email receipt attached to it that looks very genuine they have included an extra  hundred pounds and want me to send it to Nigeria also a note on the email that states the transaction will show as pending on PayPal until I send about tracking number. 

I believe this is a scam has anyone else experienced the same thing ?. 

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

Hayzwhite0011
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help. i have done just that and already had a response and will hear in the next 72 hours. Luckily i recorded everything i took photos before i posted it, kept receipts and emails. Fingers crossed!
Login to Me Too

Richard15
Hi I have just this weekend been scammed with my old iPad to an address in Nigeria. Can you help me with what I am suppose to do with contacting the relevant personnel. Iv trusted this scam thinking it was genuine and more fool me.
Login to Me Too

Candyr124
Contributor
Contributor
Going on previous post. This happened to me. If you are able to go to the post office you sento it from ask speak to theme nicely and persuade them you may be able to exchange your item for something that weighs the same. They may not necessarily do it. But if it has left the post officefine only think be able get item back is through customs sending it back to you. The other option is would suggest is phoning the action fraud team. I was really lucky to get my phone back hope this helps.. and good luck .. I have had no more emails or anything from the scamyers and parcel hasn't delived yet either this was from start October xx
Login to Me Too

KFD1

I just had the same issue. At the time of making the payment the buyer (which was new on ebay and 0 reviews) wanted me to ship the item to Nigeria. These is the email that I received from him... Ebay buyer info : m.a.x.wel.77

Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll like to inform you i have deposit the fund through PayPal, the package will be send to my Son as a birthday gift . I provide $300.00 for the shipment as i want you to ship it Via USPS Priority Mail International . I am currently away for home and I can't guarantee a safety delivered while I am away from home, beside there will be no one to sign for it. Therefore I want you to send it to his address direct instead of mine. The delivery address has being confirmed you can see it once again below.

Samuel <removed>
<removed>
Marina Lagos
Lagos Island
Nigeria

Make sure you wrap the Package to prevent it from being damaged. Also I'll be responsible for the package on it's way. Looking forward to hearing back from you at soonest possible time today when the package has being mail out keep me update with the tracking number as well

Warm Regards
Login to Me Too

nyanchil

Hi! This just happened to me and who do I report it to in Nigeria? Please help! Thanks.  

Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Postmaster.ng at yahoo. Come,here you get an instant reply and you proceed with other questions..a friend did same and have her play station return back to her fter few days

Login to Me Too

Hayzwhite0011
Contributor
Contributor
Did your friend have to pay alot to get it returned? They are asking me to transfer £100 in fees and wont provide proof that they have my parcel. Now they are mad at me and wont help me anymore. It all feels like part of the scam still
Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, yes you need to do that but make sure you request for the priority shipping and you will be giving a tracking number after they ship it back to your country.

Try to make the little payment for the returned shipping to your address in your country.

Login to Me Too

Mikaminea
Contributor
Contributor
To be honest Hayzwhite, it sounds like a really planned scam. You send the item because you don't realise or you don't think that this might be a scam, they ask you for extra money for the custom, after that they will ask you to pay for the product to return to you because the receiver either have already the same product or they don't want it anymore. And now, this guy insists to send £100 pounds to get the product return. I called the genuine Nigeria post and spoke with them and they said that my parcel never got to them. So, I don't know. it sounds like a scam to me. This is my opinion.
Login to Me Too

Hayzwhite0011
Contributor
Contributor
Yesterday i was told to stop emailing, my query was closed and they would not help me anymoreall because i asked for proof they had my package. Since the. I have recieved 3 more emails to advise me that if i dont pay now it would be moved to customs and likely destroyed. I'd rather it destroyed then in the hands of a fraudster. This is all so absurd.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.