eBay Buyer Opened Dispute

Jeremy_Stina
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I recently started selling on eBay and of course with my luck, within my first month I'm stuck in the middle of a scam.  I sold 3 cards totaling $781.59 to the buyer on September 22, 2020. I shipped them September 23, 2020 and they got delivered September 25, 2020. On October 4th the buyer went to his financial institution and claimed "unauthorized transactions" and received their money back but also kept the 3 collector cards. Luckily I did a boat load of detective work and found out everything about him, contacted him via direct messages on discord and he practically outted himself and admitted to scamming. I have a whole 15 page power point outlining every single detail in the case  and why it's a scam. 

The main giveaways that it's a scam.

1. Cards were paid for on Sept 22 - Dispute was opened Oct 4. That's a long time to notice $800 is missing from your bank account that you didn't spend

2. If it truly was unauthorized transaction, why didn't you send the cards back, my full shipping address is also on the shipping label. 

3. Like I said prior, I caught him red handed in direct messages with screen shots and can 150% prove it's a scam

I'm coming to the community for help with a few questions.

1. Do I go to the police about this? I live ~6hrs away from the buyer, we both are located in Canada

2. If this has happened to you, what did you do to get your items back or money back?

3. How can I prevent this in the future?

Thanks for any replies, all of them are welcome

Jeremy Stina

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.