does using freight forwarder void buyer's protection

yubn93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Six weeks ago, I sold a camera for nearly $2000. The buyer was using a forwarder to send it to South Korea. He first charged that the camera screen didn't work. However, I'd checked it many times before sending it out. I hihgly suspect his forwarder improperly handled the camera.

He lost his ebay case since he didn't return it within 5 business days. I know tha ebay doesn't protect buyer who used freight forwarder. I'm wondering what is paypal's rules in using forwarder. Does paypayl have any similar rules? I looked through buyer's protection page but didn't find anything. If paypal doesn't protect transaction involving forwarder, how should I prove the use of a forwarder? I came to this belief by serach his address and phone numver. Also, tthe second line of his addressher contains a series of letters and numbers. I even found the Korean website instructed buyers to fill the exact address in their orders.

He didn't open a case in paypal now. However, it's likely for him to do so. Thus, I'm trying to get myself prepared.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi yubn93, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If the buyer disputes this transaction on PayPal for an item not as described, we will review all aspects of the case details before making a decision on the case. The buyer may be asked to return the item to you using a tracked delivery service in order to receive a full refund. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

JacobmisheckKE
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new member. Registered around October last year but received my first money yesterday from my close friend from USA. But I am not able to get the funds since they are pending. He authorized a confirmation message which was sent to his mobile phone after sending payment. 

In my pending details from my account, it says theholding takes within 24 hours & there is a column in my receipt that says date of release is today. From the sender's account, it had a section which said the date of payment is 23rd 2020. 

My question is when I'm getting the money? I've not received. Again, why was it put to pending yet it's not a business transaction? Which date is valid, today or 23rd March 2020?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.