confused please help

Toyboy1
New Community Member

hi . i have listed an item for sale on facebook market place and i have recieved a reply from a person in the northern cape who asked me to register for a pay pal account so they can deposit the money for  me so i can send them the goods. but i am not sure if it is a scam or what because they did not ask me any questions about what i am selling and i got an email on pay pal stating that i have been paid in dollars . is this normal ???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Toyboy1. It's always good to be cautious, especially where online transactions are concerned. If you don't see a transaction in your PayPal account that corresponds with the email you received, then it's very likely the email was fake. You will always see a transaction in your Activity when a payment is received or sent, even if the payment is placed in a Pending Balance or if another type of hold is placed on it.

Please check out https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/article/faq2340 for information on how to spot fake or phishing emails. You can forward any suspicious email to spoof@paypal.com and we'll be happy to check it out.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.