concerning a dispute on a gift to family or friends

mister256
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had what use to be a close friend file numerous disputes on money she sent as gifts to help out on our game server and while i worked as a favor setting up her own game. These again were sent as gifts to family and friends, she lost her first round in declaring those payments sent were unauthorized which in speaking to paypal they assured me they were sent from her normal location and ruled against her closing those out,, she then after that had reopened those as reoccouring payments which in fact couldnt be factual due to she sent those as " a gift to friend or family" we do not even have anything or any product other than virtual currency and we have no items that are anywhere near that amount. I was told to gather info for the case being she had filed with her financial institution for a chargeback, i was supposedly given 20 days in which i spoke to a paypal agent last week and was preparing to post the info showing that she admittedly says that its money she sent for other than a purchase, however they have now ruled against me and closed the cases i did not receive the info until yesterday as stated and when i went to upload that proof they were closed, can anyone help here?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mister256 wrote:

I recently had what use to be a close friend file numerous disputes on money she sent as gifts to help out on our game server and while i worked as a favor setting up her own game. These again were sent as gifts to family and friends, she lost her first round in declaring those payments sent were unauthorized which in speaking to paypal they assured me they were sent from her normal location and ruled against her closing those out,, she then after that had reopened those as reoccouring payments which in fact couldnt be factual due to she sent those as " a gift to friend or family" we do not even have anything or any product other than virtual currency and we have no items that are anywhere near that amount. I was told to gather info for the case being she had filed with her financial institution for a chargeback, i was supposedly given 20 days in which i spoke to a paypal agent last week and was preparing to post the info showing that she admittedly says that its money she sent for other than a purchase, however they have now ruled against me and closed the cases i did not receive the info until yesterday as stated and when i went to upload that proof they were closed, can anyone help here?

Chargebacks are filed with the credit card issuer on PayPal and PayPal hold you liable for them. Chargeback rulings are done by the card issuer, not PayPal so if the card issuer says PayPal has to refund this money. The hands are tied and PayPal closes cases unless you can provide convincing evidence as requested by PayPal. You will need to call customer service to see if you can re-open the case for you to upload the evidence if you were not given the 20 days to do so. Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mister256

As a chargeback is done directly via a clients card issuer and not by a paypal dispute then the card company make those decisions and not paypal.

All paypal can do is pass on any info you offer BUT the card company does not have to wait for that info if they don't wish to and are happy with their clients claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.