buyer received item, then dispute payment. What can i do?

wyf
New Community Member

i sold  $1000 item on ebay. buyer received it, then immediately ask to return, because he misunderstood the quantity. i declined return, since it's medical related and disposable item. they buyer dispute from his bank. 

I upload all document to pp, but today pp told me they take money back. 

where is the seller protection? i didn't get protected at all.,instead i loss a lot. 

so people just come in , buy something they want, and then decline payment. This is pure scammer!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wyf 

There are limitations to that protection. PP Seller protection is not a guarantee, warranty, or insurance and only covers you when it's a case of Item Not Received or Unauthorized.

Please read:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

The buyer likely filed a SNAD on the chargeback and sellers are not protected on those just like with PayPal disputes. On chargebacks, the bank decides the case and if bank refunds buyer, PayPal has to pay the bank back and hold you liable.

No returns don't mean no refunds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

wyf
New Community Member

buyer just dispute payment from his bank. then i got nothing. 

what do you do with scammer?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wyf 

The bank is not obligated to have the buyer to return item. You didn't want to work with the buyer to get items back at eBay so they figure you don't want them back. You can take buyer to small claims court.

Not all transactions will be successful for whatever reason so you must self-insure against times where PayPal won't protect you. Take a percentage of each sale to put towards self-insurance to cover disputes. Retailers of all shapes and sizes should do this.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.