buyer opens a dispute after four months from the purchase

TorettoMotor
Contributor
Contributor

we are undergoing an attempt to scam by this buyer who after four months complains and demands the return of an item for over € 8,300

we are professionals and we accept the return of an article within legal terms

but the return can not be claimed after having used the purchased item for four months

paypal has blocked the funds but this time if it will not protect us sellers and authorize the return there will be serious legal consequences

it is not possible to be blackmailed by buyers in this way, it is not possible to do business this way

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TorettoMotor

A buyer has up to 180 days to open a paypal dispute.

This is the same time frame that most credit cards give their buyers.

Actually talking about 'legal terms' you agreed to Paypals 'legal terms' when you opened up your paypal account and so agreed to a buyer being allowed 180 days to open a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TorettoMotor
Contributor
Contributor

you think there is a law that can make use of an article purchased to a buyer for 180 then return it safely and have a full refund .... it would be very nice but does not exist

This is a scam!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TorettoMotor

There is no law to say that they CAN NOT use it for 4 months and then if they feel it was not described properly open a dispute via paypal OR do a chargeback via their card issuer?

Yes your buyer may well be trying it on but thats just the risks of online selling, paypal give some seller protection but that protection is not a 100% coverall so you read up on it and then risk assess your transactions, some you win some you lose.

BUT you haven't lost yet have you? Give paypal as much info as possible and hope that they find in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TorettoMotor
Contributor
Contributor

I know well the right of withdrawal for an online purchase, if you buy from a site where it is clearly written (return accepted within 14 days) you can not ask the return after four months

PayPal may have its own rules, but in the face of a judge any law contrary to the law is void

sellers are tired of being scammed and blackmailed by these individuals who exploit this system by abusing the buyer protection system

I explained the reasons well to PayPal but you know well their natural advantage to the customer, so it is likely that they will authorize a return this time I will not pass this thing without action

Tomorrow I buy a Ferrari, I pay with PayPal the use for 180 days then I can have a full refund by returning Ferrari? if you answer me it's my right tomorrow I'll also go shopping .... what do you think?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TorettoMotor

You agreed to paypals terms and conditions when you opened a paypal account and started to use it to receive payments.

Your terms are irrelavent if a buyer opens a PAYPAL DISPUTE, they would only bear weight if it was buyer remorse and the buyer was contacting you directly for a refund.

HOWEVER if the buyer won that dispute it does not stop you taking PRIVATE legal action ie a small claims court if you have one in your country against the buyer if you think you have enough evidence to  get a judgement against them.

Go ahead and buy your Ferrari, but you won't have much luck within 180 days as paypal buyer protection does not cover motor vehicles....bad luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.