Wrongful dispute + Buyer has already resold product.

natecraig
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm fully stressed and panicked right now so sorry if this doesnt make sense. 

A few months ago I sold a product, a canon camera lens, via ebay. A few weeks later I got an email from the buyer saying that he purchased it thinking it was a different brand. I was very clear in my posting what brand it was so I didn't move forward which I am now thinking is where I messed up. 

He sent a dispute to his bank saying he received a product not as described, the money came out of my account, I submitted the screenshots of him saying he thought the product was a different brand along with the posting where I clearly say the brand name, and the bank still sided in his favor. I sent him an email asking to return the product, where I would pay for shipping, I just really need to resell this to get out of the debt I'm now in, to which he responds that he has already resold it. 

This can't be fair right? There has to be some sort of seller-protection to help here? Any advice?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @natecraig,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, when a buyer disputes the payment with their bank, we do not have ownership of the case and due to this, we cannot ask the buyer to return the item. We do offer seller protection when the payment is disputed with the buyer's financial institution but not in case the buyer claims that the item is not as described, unfortunately. I would recommend responding to the case providing as much information as possible in order to dispute the case with the buyer's bank. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.