Wrongful Chargeback Decision / Buyer Abuse

Annqii
New Community Member

Hello! I have been working for someone as a project manager (managing staff, content, etc) for approximately a year and four months (starting August 2018). The agreed upon payment was at least 750USD a month, depending on my performance. The payment was always made AFTER the month of work was finished (i.e. I got paid for my July work on August 1). Recently, I had a falling out with this person, and resigned from my position, in early December. I was therefore entitled to my November payment. However, this person filed a dispute after my resignation, claiming that the November payment was in fact for December in advance, and that he was entitled the money back. I sent in evidence that my first payment was in September, while I started work early August (with a screenshot of payments received history, and a picture of the project members welcoming me on the day I joined, respectively). I also included hyperlinks so that whomever made the decisions could check to see that the screenshots were not altered. However, the decision was made in favor of the buyer, and the money was forcibly taken from my account, and I have essentially been conned out of a full month’s work. I am not able to appeal this decision in the Resolution Center as I need to provide a shipping number. Obviously, what I did was a service and therefore has no shipping number. Could someone tell me what I should do to appeal this decision? I was extremely taken aback that none of the evidence I sent in was addressed. If anyone has any advice or needs more information, please let me know. The deadline is 11 January and I have tried emailing support but have not gotten a response back for almost a week. Thank you so much for reading.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annqii

PayPal seller protection has it's limitations:

Ineligible items and transactions

Your sale is not eligible for coverage under PayPal’s Seller Protection program if:

• It involves intangible, non-physical, items, including digital goods, and services.  Digital goods are delivered and used in an electronic format, like a song delivered online or through a mobile application.

Try small claims court.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.