Worried

POPSBUDZ
New Community Member
ok I'm selling a cell phone and the person is asking to pay me thru PayPal I'm worried that I'm getting scammed offering 150 dollars more than asking price and got a email in spam that this could be a scam can anyone help
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Julliane
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi I understand that you are worried, we appreciate that you reach out. I highly recommend that you let the buyer pay you first if you have doubts about the transaction. If you receive and email that you think it’s not valid do not click the link. Once they made the payment you can check it to your PayPal balance, Please understand that there’s a timeframe for any transaction so better ask for the transaction ID and if you have PayPal app make sure to check the balance and your email if you really received the payment. Thank you i hope it helps you.
Login to Me Too

GG928
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi. We appreciate you taking this time to bring this up to out attention. We can feel your anxiety about this especially this time around. I hope you’re doing fine. Anyway, to make sure that you will not become a victim of a scam, send the payment using the option “Goods and services”. In this way you will be protected under Buyers Protection Program. PayPal will automatically put the funds on hold until you receive the product and they will need to provide you the tracking information and proof of delivery. So make sure to contact the merchant every now and then to get the status of delivery. For the meantime, wait for the merchants response. On top of the, once you have some disputes or complaints about the product that you will be receiving, you can always file for a dispute in your Resolution Center, you will just need to log in to you PayPal account. You may file for a case for the items that you will not receive or for the item that is significantly not as described, you will just need to properly file the case. Lets not hope for that but PayPal got your back on this. I hope you well. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.