Will I still be protected by PayPal if seller gets lost parcel back and re-sends it to me?

The_One
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All.

I just had an issue with a seller and I wanted your advice.

The seller was careless while writing my address. He said that my country did not appear in my address of the PayPal payment (but it does appear - I ask another seller) and he therefore searched my town on google and used the country from the search result. Unfortunately, it was a wrong country and he ended up sending the package to another country.

He is saying that he has written his return address on it and that he will contact his local post system to try to get the package back and after that, he will re-send the package to me with my correct address. The package was sent with Regular Shipping service and not Registered Shipping and I do not know whether it is possible to get it back.

If ever he manages to get the package back and re-sends it to my correct address with the correct country in the address, will I still be eligible

for PayPal Buyer Protection, if ever the parcel gets lost after he sends it to my address with the correct country?

Or should I simply ask the seller for a refund now?

Please help me! I have made thousands of purchases on PayPal for more than 15 years and this is the first time a seller tells me that my country

was missing in the address of PayPal payment. He was obviously careless and he does not want to admit it.

Regards

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @The_One,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum! 

In general, if you do not receive the item that you ordered, you are covered under our Buyer Protection policy. Whether the seller shipped it to the wrong address or the parcel is lost by the courier, you would still be eligible to receive a refund. Simply follow these steps to open a claim. 

Here you can find more information on our Buyer Protection policy. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

The_One
Contributor
Contributor

Can somebody plz help with this small issue?

Login to Me Too

The_One
Contributor
Contributor
kernowlass, plz help me!
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @The_One,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum! 

In general, if you do not receive the item that you ordered, you are covered under our Buyer Protection policy. Whether the seller shipped it to the wrong address or the parcel is lost by the courier, you would still be eligible to receive a refund. Simply follow these steps to open a claim. 

Here you can find more information on our Buyer Protection policy. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

The_One
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info Martina . I really appreciate it!

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.