Who listens?

Minneman
Contributor
Contributor
I have been ripped off by a company in Europe wit the name “Time By Me.” I purchased two watches from them using my PayPal account. But I received only one watch. After complaining they said we have proof of delivery that a package had reached me. That of course is true but there is no evidence that both watches I had paid for were in there. I had only received one of the watches. So I pointed that out both to the company and of course PayPal. The company never followed up Except for one email after my initial complaint. They simply said “we don’t know what you are talking about.” PayPal has been sending me computer generated responses, first to complain to state or federal authorities etc. but this company appears to be in Europe and not the US. And regardless I used PayPal for extra protection, otherwise I could have used my credit card. I trusted PayPal and not them. PayPal has not responded to any of my complaints and instead is asking for me to be patient! Had I used a credit card company such as Amex o could get my refund by now. I realize now that if you are using PayPal as a protection against fraud you are mistaken. PayPal does not function as credit company or a bank that may protect its members against fraud. If you are ripped off by a company, you are on your own.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.