When does Gift money come in?

trever_miler11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I sold a gift card to someone online, and he sent money to my account as a gift. I have nothing on my account about upcoming gifts, and it's been up to 21 days. Have I been scammed??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trever_miler11 

Quite possibly that you have been scammed.

Do you see a record of payment tagged as Payment Received or Money Received in the Completed section of your account activity page with the amount of the sale "+ $X.XX" in green? If not then, you were scammed.

Even if the payment is subject to PayPal hold, you will still see a record of payment in your account activity. ALWAYS check your account for the corresponding payment before delivering goods. Do not just believe emails. Payments appear fairly instantly (on hold or not) if someone REALLY paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

trever_miler11
Contributor
Contributor

trever_miler11
Contributor
Contributor

It says net, and paid, but i have the invoice

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello @Trever_miller11,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that you may not have received a payment for your gift card. That is understandably frustrating. From what you described, it sounds like you have received an invoice from this person instead of a payment. You can send them a payment request using their email address but I'm afraid that they may not send you any funds if that was their intent in the first place. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.