What do do about unsolicted payment?

mmcglynn1
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment of 10 euro and change that I did not solicit. The user then requested a refund in the same amount, but this time in dollars.

I opened a ticket with PayPal reporting this as possible fraud but never got an answer.

That was about a month ago. I've just received another payment in roughly that same amount from the same user.

Why doesn't PayPal respond - they don't care about fraud?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mmcglynn1,

I'm sorry to hear that you received an unsolicited payment. To best protect yourself, if someone sends you a payment that is not expected, you can refund the payment using the issue refund link. The payment will go back to the source, in the currency that they originally used. Never send a separate payment for a refund if it can be avoided.

Thank you also for reporting the situation. PayPal will not respond with any details about an investigation or action regarding another PayPal member.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.