Watch out for Sellers who claim a refund for postage 5+ months later as buyers of goods.

adrian356B
Contributor
Contributor

It seems evidence of providing a tracking number and written evidence (already held by Paypal) is not enough to prove a delivery.

I, with a lot of help from Paypal been effectively scammed by a Seller claiming that they were the ‘buyer’ of the postage that they supplied for the return of their own goods. This was demonstrated by their (the claimant's) own email admission, Australia post delivery acknowledgement and tracking, Paypal account records, as well as Emails held by Paypal.  Paypal witlessly sided with this scammer, regardless of the ridiculousness apparent in the situation (I have sold nothing through Paypal, but was accused of being the seller)  and against all possible evidence held and provided. The Scammer did not even specify what I was supposed to have ‘sold’ them and the only amount received in my account was obviously the return postage the then seller provided at the time.

The Process can be improved by people actually doing their job rather than making arbitrary decisions and just sticking to it. Being ‘right’ after a demonstrably poor decision and an apparent lack of proper investigation (via appeal) is simply not good enough.  Paypal do not even seem interested to pursue this type of scam behaviour. I would want to know more about such cases so that the practise can be stopped. More communication with a respondent (read victim, seller of buyer) should be easier to facilitate this. Thoroughly sadden by this Paypal performance folly. Both Sellers and buyers deserve fairer treatment if any of us are to trust this system of payment. Please listen Paypal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.