Was I nearly scammed?

Alison9915
New Community Member
I was contacted through fb someone wanting to buy my professional camera. We agreed on £825 for it and they asked me to send it to there son in London. I sent them a payment request then they replied saying I should have a email verifying payment. When I checked there was an email saying I had to reply to the email with a tracking number then money would be released but I thought the email address was odd. “Paypadeliveries” which was from a mail.com addy (notice the missing L for a start) so I checked my account and there was nothing there, no pending transactions or anything. When I messaged the person they said it was the new way PayPal worked to protect the buyer. I said sorry if I can’t see the pending transaction and the mail address isn’t from PayPal I won’t be sending the camera...... not a peep from them since! I think I nearly got scammed but I was wondering if you all agree? Or was I overly cautious Thanks 😊
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.