Waiting on payment

Mommy_034
Contributor
Contributor

I was selling something to someone and they was supposed to pay me via PayPal and I have not received anything from them

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mommy_034 

Then forget them and sell to someone else?

If its on ebay then file an unpaid buyer report to get your fees back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mommy_034
Contributor
Contributor
So basically they are saying I have to send 100$ just to receive my payment for sending off the phones
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mommy_034 

Then its a common scam, paypal never tell you to send funds to receive funds, ignore them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mommy_034
Contributor
Contributor
I have sent out what I was giving them and they was supposed to be playing me via PayPal I got an email from PayPal saying I need to send 100$ in order to receive my payment so really my question is what do I do now because I was not aware of this fee or whatever and I’m not able to speak to anyone live about this matter
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mommy_034 

SCAM.

I have already told you its a SCAM, none of the transaction was done via Paypal you have just had FAKE Paypal emails.
They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment for receiving the payment via gift tokens or to validate your account or custom fees etc etc, whatever they can think of to scam you.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money service or send money to receive money.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mommy_034
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a way to get my money back and the things I was selling
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.