VERIFIED VS. UNVERIFIED

Galene
Contributor
Contributor

961D01DD-610B-4E21-8F12-E35634EC7748.jpeg26F4757B-7606-4285-97A9-9FC48733F316.jpegWho knows the difference between Verified and Unverified ? 
Why would PayPal let an Unverified individual make a purchase or PAY FOR SERVICE..??

And if they pay with a credit card where do I see what card the used??

Anyone?

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Galene 

When you receive a payment, click on the transaction to see whether an account is verified, unverified, unregistered (PayPal guest checkout), US or non-US account.

All accounts start off as unverified with certain account sending, receiving, withdrawal limits until action is taken to verify later by linking bank account. PayPal allows this because users who have may have verified PayPal accounts want to send money to others that do not have a PayPal account who can then register their email address to claim their funds and later verify their accounts to lift account limits.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-does-a-verified-account-status-mean-faq1219

Download a report to see card type, etc:

Report > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.