United States Buyer fraud.

Littleburk
Contributor
Contributor
From New York. I sold an item in eBay. The buyer said he never received the item and opened a claim on eBay. I had to provide signature confirmation which I did, and the case was closed. Over. Month later this person opened a case with PayPal and asked his financial institution for the money back because he never received the item. PayPal put my account negative this monies. I provided the signature confirmation and everything I needed to to close this case. I just got a call from the claims department this morning saying that the financial institution anD PayPal have ruled in the favor of the buyer and have given the buyer his money back. Now I have to pay the monies and do not have the item. This is just not right. Please, any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Littleburk 

Sounds like this was a chargeback but PayPal should have covered you since you had proof of delivery. Message PayPal customer service and request an appeal of the decision (message response times will be delayed limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions):

Go to:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Littleburk
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much for the reply. I spoke with 2 different agents on June 29 and they said the same thing that should be a cut and dry case. When I got the call this morning from the collections department saying that they ruled in the buyers favor. I was perplexed and shocked at the least. When I tried calling the disputes department 4 times. they keep transferring me over to claims. The claims department says that the dispute department is not open right now because of COVID-19. I don’t know what to do. All I can think of is hire a lawyer as it is not all about the money at this point.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.