Unfair dispute

Caz1980
Contributor
Contributor
Hi can anyone help? We sold a go kart on ebay in december, the buyer paid by pay pal. Our description clearly said collection only and the buyer knew this! We sent them messages regularly afterwards asking when they would be able to collect the go kart and every single message was ignored! Not one single message back from them! 5 months later we see a case open against us on ebay, the buyer had opened it stating he had never received his item??? PayPal have now put a hold on the money in our PayPal account, we had already spent the money this ebayer had paid us, its been a few weeks now, how long does PayPal hold the money, and is there any chance we don't have to refund them? The go kart is still here waiting for them, they never bothered to send any messages or even reply to our many many messages, this is down to them they are the ones who didn't collect the go kart when they knew it was a collection only item, and then suddenly we have to refund them mo ey we cannot afford, like I said its been months since they paid us, we had to use the money, and were waiting for them to collect their purchase! I gave them our address in a good few of the messages and a phone number too, they chose to ignore us every single time, I dont think this is fair at all.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caz1980 

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.
Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.