Unauthorized Transaction

web_dev
New Community Member

Hi friends, I've been using PayPal for years and process transactions on it at least several times a week. It's been pretty good, as far as I am concerned. I work as developer, from home and an "unauthorized transaction" was placed on my account for $225 - apparently from the customers bank as the payment was made via credit-card, through paypal.

I've provided all my evidence, including email exchanges where the customer agrees to the additional work. Subsequently, this customers account with me was suspended as a result of failure to pay her monthly, and work was taken off line - typically done thorough the industry, so in spite, the likley had her bank reverse the $225.00

What are the odds that Paypal will vote in HER favor or in my favor? She was aware of all fees - I have emails and facebook chats to back me up which has been submitted to paypal.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @web_dev,

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community for assistance with what sounds like a chargeback issue. I can certainly understand that would be frustrating.

When a buyer files a chargeback with their credit card issuer, it means that they’re disputing a charge and asking the card issuer for a refund. While we aren’t able to decline a chargeback when we receive it, we are able to help dispute it on your behalf. I hope this helps to explain the process a little better. I’m also including some links to additional information below:

Chargeback video: https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/mktg/merchant/brc/videos/Chargeback-Video-PayPal-Busin...

Types of disputes: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/brc/disputes-claims-chargebacks-and-bank-reversals

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.