Unauthorized Transaction

THEArtistT
Contributor
Contributor

Someone hacked into my computer remotely and transferred $8860.00 to themselves via my Paypal business account. The account had a zero balance at the time as well as my bank that is linked to it. I immediately filed a dispute soon as I received the notification it had happened. Today they ruled the transaction was authorized because it was done from my IP address. What can I do? I don't have $8860.00. I've never even had close to that amount ever in my account or accepted or paid out anything remotely close to that amount. I don't know who Kendrick Bernard is or how to find him so I can sue him. If Paypal thinks I authorized the transaction, shouldn't they be able to give me his information? HELP!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@THEArtistT

OUCH!

File a report at ic3.gov, and see about filing a police report for cyber theft then call PayPal fraud dept to see if they can assist.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@THEArtistT

OUCH!

File a report at ic3.gov, and see about filing a police report for cyber theft then call PayPal fraud dept to see if they can assist.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.