Unauthorized Purchase Help Please.

francosfarms
New Community Member

I had a chargeback for an unauthorized purchase.   I was wondering if its covered by Paypal Seller Protection.   The item was delivered but then buy did a return to sender and then post office lost the package .    

What happens now ?  Am , I out of the package and money ?  

I tried to contact Paypal by the customer service reps were all foreigners and told me unauthorized purchase chargebacks are never covered by paypal seller protection since it was opened by the credit company. I called like 10 or more times and they told me the same thing.  I could never get an american.   It seems like Paypal Seller Protection covers chargebacks for unauthorized purchase. 

???  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @francosfarms,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If a chargeback has been filed, it means that the buyer disputed the payment with their card issuer. We do offer protection for sellers and in order to be covered, the transaction needs to show 'Eligible' in the transaction details and to be related to a physical item. Also, you need to ship the item with a tracking number that shows that the item has been delivered to the address showing in the transaction details and provide this information to the case within the given timeframe. Once you have done so, the relevant team will review your eligibility and inform you within 30 days. 

You can find more information here

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.