Unauthorized Claim Scam

jdup
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. So long story less long. This guy bought shoes from me all the way back in JULY. Today as of October 16th he filed an unauthorized transaction claim thru his bank. I tried to contact him directly but he decided to block me. I went ahead and responded through the PP Action thingy. I provided proof of communication, shipping, delivery, and feedback. I provided tracking through PP, Depop (clothes ebay), and sent it to him directly all on the same day. He literally confirmed with me that he purchased AND received them. So now I have a big fat gigantic red -$150 in my face every time I open PP. My questions are

1. What is the likeliness I will win this claim?

2. I just made a sale for like 20 minutes ago for $80. Will this $80 go into his fraudulent refund request? Or will I be able to decide what to do with the incoming money? And if it is automatically sent to his refund, will I get my $80 back when/if this is solved in my favor? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi jdup, 

I do regret to hear that issues you are having with the shoes you sold. If your buyer opens a case against you then we will look for you to provide tracking information to show that the item has delivered. Proof of postage will show that you have shipped the item but it does not show that the item has been delivered to this persons address which is something that we would look for. I would recommend reviewing our Seller protection policy for more details. In regards to the funds, if you now have a negative balance on your account any funds that come into your account will be used towards clearing this balance on your account. If the case is found in your favour then the funds on hold will be credited back to your account. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

You've lost the claim, sorry to say. PayPal is a terrible service, in all honesty. Even if he loses the case, he will charge-back through his card. You've lost. When someone wants to scam with PayPal, they've automatically won. PayPal revolves around the idea of a world that doesn't exist. People cheat and people steal. They don't follow rules. Any money coming in will be paid towards whatever is taken away. I would personally stop using PayPal, but it's up to you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.