URGENT: Buyer Fraud, Unauthorized Transaction Claim

AnonymousPP
New Community Member

Good evening Paypal Community,

I am looking for some advice for my current situation.

I sold an electronic device on eBay to a buyer recently. After the item was delivered and signed for in the customer's own name they proceeded to open an unauthorized transaction claim against me. 

I have read the Seller Protection Policy (Canadian version) line by line and have determined that I should be protected. The item was marked as eligible on the sales page and I sent the package out to the specified address with tracking and signature. There is also proof of delivery from USPS that the item was signed and delivered. 

Customer service says that Paypal does not determine the outcome of the chargeback - only the financial institution does. But outcomes can take 75 days to solve according to the email I was sent. 

My questions are:

1. Is there anything else I should do now in order to make my case stronger?

2. Does Paypal send the proof that I have uploaded to the portal directly to the buyer's financial institution? Is there any way I can be involved with the dispute directly?

3. Given my situation as described in my case, if somehow the buyer's institution decides to give them a refund will Paypal honor their Seller protection policy? - I am asking because I have read horror stories of sellers being scammed despite doing everything right, and think this would be completely unfair given that I fit the protection eligibility criteria 100% and have done all my due diligence. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.