UGERNT! Buyer asks to ship to the same address but different name

ivan_navi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've just sold an item through PayPal G&S and the buyer is asking to ship to the same address as the one indicated in the transaction but using a different name.

Would I still be covered by the seller protection?

Please answer ASAP.

Many thanks in advance.

Ivan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivan_navi

Is that mailing address on the payment? If not, then refund the buyer and have them add the shipping address to their PayPal account and send payment again, selecting the correct address when making payment. Otherwise, you won't be covered. You must ship to the address on the payment details as one of the basic requirements to be covered under seller protection. Or you can add "c/o or attn: [different name]" to the package but ship to the full address as shown on the payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivan_navi

Is that mailing address on the payment? If not, then refund the buyer and have them add the shipping address to their PayPal account and send payment again, selecting the correct address when making payment. Otherwise, you won't be covered. You must ship to the address on the payment details as one of the basic requirements to be covered under seller protection. Or you can add "c/o or attn: [different name]" to the package but ship to the full address as shown on the payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.