Tracked postage

straut
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,I am having a dispute with a buyer where the item I sent was sent by tracked signed for Royal Mail delivery.
This buyer has now contacted me nearly 4weeks after the sale saying he wasn’t in to sign for the item, it was then kept at his local delivery depot for a further 18 days but he failed to arrange a redelivery or collection and the item has is no longer available to him it will not come back to me as it was his address details inside the package.
He has now opened a dispute to get me to refund him, surely I’m not responsible for his failure to arrange to pick up from his depot or have the item redelivered.
Bottom line is will he be successful in getting me to refund him.
Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@straut 

Surely every seller would put their return address on a parcel in case it gets undelivered???

As the buyer paid for an item and tracking does not show it as delivered then yes you may well find paypal find in the buyers favour.

But you would have been able to re-sell the item when you got it back if you had put a return addy on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.