Suspicious purchaser

Kgm0711
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling a item and the purchaser wants me to send money to the movers before I can get my money and they want me to send the money out of my own pocket before I can get my money for the item. The email I got it went right to my spam and was red flagged and I dont know what to do.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kgm0711 

It's a scam. Don't continue with transaction. Ignore them, move on. If they keep emailing, reply with "Sorry, don't see payment, will have to verify with PayPal".

PayPal does not ask you to do anything without receiving payment first. Even if your payment is subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold, you'll see the transaction in your account, marked "On Hold" IF the other party REALLY paid. I don't believe this person actually sent payment.

When someone sends payment, two things happen. Generally you'll see a transaction in your PayPal account and a confirmation email. They come in pairs. If you only see the email and not payment, there is generally an issue. PayPal's payment email confirmation has very basic info: who paid, how much, for what, transaction ID and shipping address if provided and if a PayPal button was used to pay, any brief special instructions the customer provided (most of the time none will be provided because PayPal and an authentic buyer knows you got enough sense on what to do next, ship the item).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kgm0711
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I was thinking I appreciate the confirmation. And they also try to say they sent more then what was requested.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.