Stolen money

L3g10n
Contributor
Contributor
Someone took money from me by opening a case without my authorization for no reason other than to take my money after the main transaction was completed. They payed for a gift card, I sent them a gift card, and then 2 weeks after he opened 2 cases and took 90 dollars from me. Any help or tips on what to do?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Javeed2020
Contributor
Contributor

i had a similar problem turns out a kid used his parents credit card to buy a gift card so it was unauthorized and i had to return the payment.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @L3g10n and @Javeed2020,

I'm sorry to hear that you lost cases that were opened by the victims of unauthorized transactions. Transactions that do not meet all the requirements of Seller Protection are, by their nature, at much higher risk of fraud. The requirements of Seller Protection are in place to help prevent fraud. Any transactions that do not meet the requirements are undertaken at the seller's own risk. The best defense against fraud is to understand the risks and consider declining to conduct transactions that do not meet the eligibility requirements.

I hope this information helps prevent losses in the future.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.