Someone wanting to pay me first?

Jimi77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I am selling an item on Gumtree and someone has viewed it and wants it right away, without even coming to see it and is asking for my PayPal email so they can pay right away.

This really doesn't sound right to me. I have given them the address, not seen any money come in but if they do give me the money am I covered if they then come and pick it up and decide they don't want it.

It just sounds a bit weird, like a huge act of faith on their part. They don't even have my home address yet to pick it up!

Cheers

James

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimi77 

If the item doesn't get picked up, the sender can't file or will lose an item not received PayPal claim as picked up goods are not covered but it doesn't mean they can't dispute with their financial institution (funding source) to get their money back or settle up with you in other ways.

If they do show up saw the item and no longer want it on the spot and wanted their money back, do the right thing and refund the money on the spot with smartphone because you can't have both the money and the goods.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jimi77
Contributor
Contributor

I am not gonna rip anyone off. I just find it a bit odd. Is there anyway they can scam me by doing this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.