Sold tickets on Craigslist - buyer asking for full refund.

simulacra_chili
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I sold Cub's tickets on Craigslist 2 days before the game.  The buyer paid with Paypal and I dropped them off at the front desk of his hotel the next day (the day before the game).  The day after the game he filed a dispute asking for a full refund (item not as described) and claimed the view was obstructed and not at all as I described and had he known better, he would have never purchased them.  My description was accurate, I even suggested he go on stubhub to pull up the view and the tickets were not marked obstructed and any Cub's tickets with significant obstructions are marked as such.  He had my number and had he called me before the game, I would have taken them back - I was at the park and sold 15 other tickets in the 2 hours leading up to the game.  I've been using Paypal/Stubhub/Ebay for years now and this is the first time I've had a dispute placed against me.  Anyways, if the case is decided against me, I stand to lose about 350.00.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience of a buyer wanting to a refund on tickets that they apparently used and what the outcome was.  It's been about 10 days since the dispute was escalated and Paypal just sent me an email indicating they have requested additional information from the buyer.  I feel like the buyer should have to file a claim before the start of the event and should also be able to provide the tickets unused if asking for a full refund.  I really had to just vent....any feedback is appreciated.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@simulacra_chili

To be honest you were lucky that he did not file for non receipt of item.

In the event of an item not received dispute the only evidence paypal accept is a tracking number from you proving delivery of the item to the buyers paypal registered address..........you can't do that with items delivered or collected. You should have asked for cash on delivery.

However as he filed for 'not as described' then you 'may' stand a chance if its a used ticket, all you can do is wait it out and see.

However if the buyer funded that paypal payment via a credit card the he can then turn to his card issuer and try a chargeback as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@simulacra_chili

To be honest you were lucky that he did not file for non receipt of item.

In the event of an item not received dispute the only evidence paypal accept is a tracking number from you proving delivery of the item to the buyers paypal registered address..........you can't do that with items delivered or collected. You should have asked for cash on delivery.

However as he filed for 'not as described' then you 'may' stand a chance if its a used ticket, all you can do is wait it out and see.

However if the buyer funded that paypal payment via a credit card the he can then turn to his card issuer and try a chargeback as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

simulacra_chili
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.   Paypal decided in my favor today.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.