Sold item on eBay, buyer money on hold, now that amount deducted from my account.

bunkergb
Contributor
Contributor

I had $54 positive balance in my account. Sold an item on eBay and amount of $310 pending in my account last 2 days, never added to my balance. I go on today and my account is negative $271. Got an email stating a payment was made without the owners consent and that the $310 would be refunded. It was never deposited in my account, always on hold, so how could they take money that was never received? Is this some type scam or is Paypal messed up? Having a hard time getting through due to limited staffing. Any help in a way to talk to someone from Paypal would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bunkergb
Contributor
Contributor

Now it seems I don't qualify for seller protection

PayPal Seller Protection covers you in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are a result of unauthorized purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive. With PayPal Seller Protection, you are covered for the full amount of all eligible transactions.
If a transaction is eligible for Seller Protection, it will be marked as eligible or partially eligible on the Transaction Details page. If it is marked as partially eligible, you are only protected for items a buyer didn’t receive.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @bunkergb 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

I recommend that you do the following.

1. Go to www.paypal.com using a browser

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Resolution Center.

3. Check the status of the case if it is still open. You may also respond to the case using the Resolution Center.

Amounts that are related to an ongoing case are normally put on hold which can cause a negative balance.

If you do not see anything in the PayPal resolution center. Your buyer may have filed the case on eBay.

You can do the same thing. 

Login to eBay.com and go to the bottom to find the Resolution Center.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

bunkergb
Contributor
Contributor

Just read my emails. Buyer filed a dispute that the purchase was made without his consent. There was a case filed and almost immediately closed by Paypal in his favor so he was refunded the $310. I tried to respond to the claim but can't because it is closed and I was never contacted about it to have my say. I also can't open a dispute on the dispute. So, how could Paypal deduct the money from my account when it was never added to my account, was in a hold status 2 days and my account balance never went above the $54 I had? Wouldn't that be obvious just by looking at my account activity and balances?

Login to Me Too

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@bunkergb 

Is it possible for you to do a quick check on the resolution center by opening up a browser?

Please let us know what the status of the case is.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

bunkergb
Contributor
Contributor

Case closed and based on the time between emails stating a claim was made and the email stating a decision was made, decision was made fast. I tried to report a problem on the transaction but got a message saying I can't report a problem because I am the seller. Paypal used to have a customer service phone number to call and talk to a Paypal representative, but I can't find it listed anywhere. Guess I'll have to go the slow way via messages, but that could take days?

Login to Me Too
Solved

bunkergb
Contributor
Contributor

Now it seems I don't qualify for seller protection

PayPal Seller Protection covers you in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are a result of unauthorized purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive. With PayPal Seller Protection, you are covered for the full amount of all eligible transactions.
If a transaction is eligible for Seller Protection, it will be marked as eligible or partially eligible on the Transaction Details page. If it is marked as partially eligible, you are only protected for items a buyer didn’t receive.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.