Sold iPhone and now "payment you received was made without the account holder's permission"

cydee1337
New Community Member

Hi there,

Today I sold my iphone at the door, buyer found via ebay local ads.

I have the chat conversation via ebay (Screenshots) and the buyer transferred money to my paypal account. Now I get the error email:

"We recently notified you a payment you received was made without the account holder's permission or was the result of a transaction error."

I am afraid to not get the money back as I have give the buyer the iPhone already. What is gonna happen now? What can I do apart from sending the proof to Paypal? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cydee1337 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, sadly if the buyer collected the phone then you won't have any seller protection. Why would you not state cash on collection only?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.