Sold a item and got scammed

Charlize_94
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a Pandora charm shipped it still got tracking number ans the paper with it on still. And I asked the customer if they received turns out they blocked me and I haven’t received the payment. So I tracked it with the tracking number I put on the parcel turns out it’s delivery 5 days ago what should I do.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charlize_94 

Not much can be done if you shipped item without first verifying if a payment is received. Nothing PayPal can do because no transaction took place. But you can report it to the police what happen if buyer is located within your country to try to get the item back:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Is there a record of payment in your PayPal account for the item?

Were you sent a fake payment confirmation?

Always check your PayPal account for the payment (not just believe emails) and always ship using PayPal shipping if you can (click Print Shipping Label button from within the received payment transaction record in your PayPal account because this ensures that you definitely have received payment).

Is the payment marked on hold by PayPal? If so, upload the tracking number into the transaction by clicking "Add Tracking Info" button in the payment transaction details page after clicking the transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charlize_94 

Not much can be done if you shipped item without first verifying if a payment is received. Nothing PayPal can do because no transaction took place. But you can report it to the police what happen if buyer is located within your country to try to get the item back:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Is there a record of payment in your PayPal account for the item?

Were you sent a fake payment confirmation?

Always check your PayPal account for the payment (not just believe emails) and always ship using PayPal shipping if you can (click Print Shipping Label button from within the received payment transaction record in your PayPal account because this ensures that you definitely have received payment).

Is the payment marked on hold by PayPal? If so, upload the tracking number into the transaction by clicking "Add Tracking Info" button in the payment transaction details page after clicking the transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.