Sold Tickets to a stolen PayPal account

zmaze906
Contributor
Contributor

I sold NFL tickets through the NFL site to someone who paid me via PayPal. That was Nov. 28 2018. I am now, today, investigated and it was found that the account I sold tickets to was stolen. So they used the account to buy the tickets with that account holders card, then probably sold the tickets (although no one showed up at the game because we sat behind the seats and they were empty). So now that account that bought my tickets on Nov. 28 got refunded the money (great, they should). So that’s good, but now I’m debited that amount. I thought I had some seller protection here? I had the listed on Craigslist but transferred the tickets once they sent it via PayPal through the Pittsburgh Steelers website. I sent an email to PayPal but haven’t heard back. I tired to call but could not get someone live. It was no small amount, almost $500..

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

--duplicate post--

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zmaze906

I think you didn't get seller protection is because it is a digital good, not paper tickets sent with tracking number.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

zmaze906
Contributor
Contributor
So ridiculously! You can clearly see they were instantly sent through an official website. That’s a shame if they can’t wipe it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.