Sold Item, it got refunded, buyer sent back incomplete/ replaced component item.

Crosade
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a dell server back on march 25th of this year. The buyer claimed it didnt work, it wouldnt power on. I know it was fully functional when i sent it out. I took pictures inside and out on and off, and even 15 minutes before arriving to the carrier. Anyways we went back and forth on this and I tried to tech his issues through the ebay email system. He agreed one day do a video chat with me so I could actually see the unit. He never did and filed a dispute with ebay. The dispute was rejected by ebay due to it being outside the 30 day guarantee. Anyways he was mad, fired off some words about attacking my seller score etc. I thought it was all said and done but then he filed with paypal which apparently has a 180 refund policy. I thought well there is no way he could get his money back so i posted all pictures of the unit powered on and transcripts from ebay to me and me to the buyer. I thought for sure I would be in the clear, i sent him a functional unit, i have been completely honest and upfront with this guy and have gone above and beyond at trying to assist him with getting this up and running. NOPE. Paypal sided with the buyer and had him send the item back to me and forced me to refund the money back. This was pretty surreal to me since I proved that I sent a functional unit. Anyways the item finally came in today... I did a once over and hes swapped the power supply in the unit and its pretty obvious, none of the serials match what I sent out to the buyer. He owns an IT shop, its pretty clear what hes done. What are my options so I can either get the item that he swapped or get financial reimbursement? paypal lines are closed right now due to covid19 etc.... their automated system is garbage when you need answers like this.... Can someone please help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

EvanSchaff
Contributor
Contributor

You can try fighting it but i don't think anything will happen. Another example of PayPals crappy service.

Login to Me Too

Crosade
Contributor
Contributor

So the case closed automatically because the tracking information showed it delivered. However I called and was told that it was automatically reopened as an appeal. In any case I did click appeal decision so it would actually be looked at by their special claims department. I really hope they look at the serials and realize this IT shop owner took his parts and sent me his broken junk and that hes made a fraudulent claim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.