Sketchy buyer, - how to protect from a dispute?

Kukks
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to sell some of my personal furniture online and a buyer has contacted me to buy it but only if they can pay via PayPal. They seem sketchy in that they only want to pay for the furniture via PayPal and have not really asked about the actual items themselves. They want to pay in full on advance and want to send someone to pick it up as soon as possible. Am I protected from some chargeback scam through paypal? And what can I do to ensure this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Chase

Hi @Kukks,

Thank you for your post! I understand you are concerned with receiving a dispute or chargeback on a sale. Please keep in mind, Seller Protection, doesn't extend to in-person picked-up items. You can read more about what is covered under our Seller Protection here.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.