Should I add paypal on my website

dangerousmother
Contributor
Contributor

Should I add paypal for payments on my website <removed> (100% safe)

After reading paypal community it looks paypal is bad for business

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dangerousmother 

Its bad if you don't know what you are doing and not familiar with the terms and conditions of seller protection:

Click "Legal" at the bottom of the page, select your country and click the PayPal User Agreement to access the seller protection terms. If you sell internationally, the buyer protection program terms where the buyer is based also applies to you.

Not all transactions are covered and there are limitations to the coverage itself, so read up and know it like the back of your hand.

What to keep in mind:

1. Understand that there are risks to selling online no matter what and on occasions there will be unsuccessful transactions.
  2. Focus on the next sale.
  3. Sell more than you lose.
  4. Who you sell to may not always be the one who paid.
  5. Put aside a percentage of sales to go towards a self-insurance fund to cover disputes.
  6. Don't bank on PayPal covering you all the time.
  7. Make "business" decisions, not decisions based on "emotions" so approach disputes from the view of losing the least in time and money based on what you know about the seller protection program after reading ALL of it, including the topics that it links to as well as the buyer protection program of where your buyer is based, so you can focus on the next sale. The Chinese sellers are an ace at this and got it down pat. They be running circles.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dangerousmother 

Its bad if you don't know what you are doing and not familiar with the terms and conditions of seller protection:

Click "Legal" at the bottom of the page, select your country and click the PayPal User Agreement to access the seller protection terms. If you sell internationally, the buyer protection program terms where the buyer is based also applies to you.

Not all transactions are covered and there are limitations to the coverage itself, so read up and know it like the back of your hand.

What to keep in mind:

1. Understand that there are risks to selling online no matter what and on occasions there will be unsuccessful transactions.
  2. Focus on the next sale.
  3. Sell more than you lose.
  4. Who you sell to may not always be the one who paid.
  5. Put aside a percentage of sales to go towards a self-insurance fund to cover disputes.
  6. Don't bank on PayPal covering you all the time.
  7. Make "business" decisions, not decisions based on "emotions" so approach disputes from the view of losing the least in time and money based on what you know about the seller protection program after reading ALL of it, including the topics that it links to as well as the buyer protection program of where your buyer is based, so you can focus on the next sale. The Chinese sellers are an ace at this and got it down pat. They be running circles.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.