Shipped to confirmed address, but it's the customers *old* address

JOsborn
Contributor
Contributor

The problem with a buyer's old address coming up when they make a payment is really a hassle.  I tell every one of my customers to make sure they selecting the correct, current mailing address when they make a PayPal payment, but sometimes a transaction falls through the cracks.  Now I have a new international customer who sent me a payment with an old address, and I shipped to that old address.  The dollar amount is not huge, but it's enough to cause a problem.  I have great relationships with my customers, and I feel really bad for him, but I can't take afford to take hits like this.  He asked PayPal what to do, and they told him to ask me for a refund.  That's just not practical, because I can't be responsible for people not taking the time to make sure their address is correct.  There is a chance the parcel will be returned to me via the postal system; assuming the people at the old address refused the package-- tracking doesn't tell me if that has happened-- I can simply re-ship to the correct address.  If I tell the customer to file a dispute, will Seller Protection cover me?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what is the address Paypal tell you to ship in the payment notice?

If your tracking shows it has been delivered to that address,he will lose the INR dispute.

Can he go to that old address and ask them to forward the package to their new address?

it usually take a month for it to come back and you may have t o pay return postage. 

Login to Me Too

Annoyed1234567
Contributor
Contributor

I shipped to a Verified Address supplied by PayPal and it was bogus. Wrong city and zip.

PayPal should verify an address before it's considered verified.

The Buyer Protection Policy is worthless if they can't even protect us from the start.

When I complained PayPal said: Sorry, that's just part of doing business on-line. There's nothing we can do.

Wonderful...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.