Shipito SCAM using fake PayPal that looks real

scm200283
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling my photography equipment off online due to the fact that I was made homeless and have to get money.  This is where the predators seem to work the best.  I am autistic and have a hard time usually grasping the situations around me.  But I need to warn everyone about this place in hopes that they get shut down.

I'm not sure what this place really is, but on January 12, 2019, I was scammed into shipping something I was selling for $2,100 on FaceBook MarketPlace to this address:

<Removed>

It seemed as though my first time using an online thing such as PayPal, rather than dealing with local people for cash was going to work out.  I was dead wrong.  If it was not for me catching a few small things wrong with the "PayPal" email (which turned out to be FAKE), I would not have been able to call PayPal and confirm I was had in time to be able to use USPS's Intercept in order to have my package returned to me.  It is all over the review boards of people losing things due to this scam.  I have contacted the FBI and USPS's Investigation office.  Whatever this company is, it is not legitimate in that it deals in moving stolen goods across the world.

There are a couple of posts on these forums about Shipito, but none really go into the depth of what this company is doing to people who are selling products online.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Ballermom
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing just happened to me with a new ps4 smh to the same address and I couldn’t intercept my package that I shipped so they got it and got me and no money for me
Login to Me Too

Merale
New Community Member
This happened to me, today. Sadly I did not recognize this was scam util package was delivered. I lost $1000 and my macbook air, please paypal be aware of this.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Merale,

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to see you lost your item in this case. PayPal offers advice on such suspicious activity here.

Martin

Login to Me Too

cloieparanaque
New Community Member
I just lost a macbook pro today! They told me to send it the address and they used paypal auction for the transaction! Fff we cant do nothing about it?
Login to Me Too

redrook
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I don't think I understand, can you please explain?

Shipito are a completely legit company which allows people like myself, who don't live in the US, to purchase from places which only ship to the US, get things shipped to temporary storage and arrange shipping myself.  Shipito simply provide an address, there's no advantage to scammers using their service, I don't understand how they would use it to their advantage. If anything it would be detrimental, as Shipito log every package which is received, so you can't pretend that you didn't receive something.

It sounds like you believed some fake paypal email? But I'm still not clear what happened or how you lost your money. If you shipped without receiving payment, then that's on you. But I'm not sure that's the case, since I don't understand your explanation of what happened. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.