Sending and Requesting Cash

cryptolex
New Community Member

Hi Community!

Hope you guys are doing fantastic today.

Wanted to find out today the difference between the ''sending'' and ''requesting'' option.

If I request cash from a friend and he sends the cash to me as ''friends and family'', would he be able to charge back (refund) that amount back to his paypal account claiming that it was an unauthorized/mistake transaction? This would be his buyers protection correct?

Now for the ''sending'' option. If I give my friend my paypal email, and he clicks 'send' and transfers cash to my email via 'friends and family', would he be able to chargeback (refund) that amount back to his paypal account claiming that it was an unauthorized/mistake transaction? This would also be his buyer protection correct?

Now I heard people only have buyers protection under 'goods and services' and not 'friends and family' is this correct? This would mean that my friend actually wouldnt be able to chargeback the amount, right? Or am i in the wrong here? 

Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cryptolex 

Sounds as if its not a 'friend' but a 'buyer'.??

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cryptolex 

Sounds as if its not a 'friend' but a 'buyer'.??

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.