Selling something outside of eBay. How will I know that I get my money and not get scammed?

brie00123
New Community Member

I'm new to PayPal, so I'm unsure of how everything works.  I received two emails: one from what appears to be an agent (Agent 054) and another email from <removed>  shipment manager dept,  both of which say I have received payments of X USD.  Are these emails legitimate?  Also, when I go to my Activity page, nothing pops up.  Nothing concerning pending payments or anything of the sort.  The buyer told me that I had to first ship the package and then respond to the email (Agent 054) with the tracking details.  Is this true?  Lastly, this person wants their package to be shipped with FedEx (is what it said in the email).  I am unable to create a shipping label through PayPal so I'm afraid I will have to buy one myself (and the package is quite heavy).  I've also asked if they could create an eBay account so that the transaction can be more secure since I have zero idea what I'm doing.  Do I proceed with the shipment?  Does it sound like I'm being scammed?  Its also worth quite a lot of money so I want to avoid all possible scams.Screenshot_2020-09-10-13-53-51.pngScreenshot_2020-09-10-13-59-22.pngScreenshot_2020-09-10-13-54-47.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Xereptis
Contributor
Contributor

Don't send it. Paypal does NOT withhold funds until you ''supply tracking''. No no no. They don't send emails like that at all. Just check your Paypal account any time you're suss. Always go into your account and check for yourself if the money is there, let alone if a transaction even took place.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.