Selling car

mrcjacobs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Please can you assist me.

I recently sold my vehicle or should i say im in the process. I got a buyer who says his in the US.

Yesterday i received an email from pay pal saying the funds for the vehicle has been deposited into my pay pal account but i cannot access it as yet.

The buyer told me to go to Spar and deposit R3000 into my own banking account and once that is done i must send him the receipt which he will send to the agent who will collect the vehicle and then i will be able to access the funds in my paypal account. He also mentions that only once i have accessed the money , will he collect the car.

Im a bit sceptical because of the R3000 he wants he to deposit an pay for agency fees to collect the car, However he deposited an extra R3000 into my paypal account for this.

Please can you advise if this is a scam or your thoughts anyone please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JackieG-SA
New Community Member

Hi there, 

My scenario is similar. A South African working in the US wants to buy my car. Also wants to make use of PayPal (very insistent on it) and will then send a collection agency to pick up the car. Has your car sale now been processed? What happened? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.