Selling a Camera and received a weird email

hrutuc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to sell this camera and I don't use PayPal often. The man wanted me to ship it to his brother in Florida. I received these 2 emails (that went to my junk mail) from a weird email saying it was from PayPal and that my account will be credited once I enter the shipping information to this other email. Sounded weird and the man won't stop bothering me so I think it's  scam? Can anyone confirm if PayPal truly does things this way? I've been wanting to speak to an agent but every time I call I get hitched onto robot as well...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @hrutuc,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered what sounds like a fraudster, and I'm so glad that you're being cautious! Listen to your instincts. They're serving you well. There's a list of common scams here, and an article about spotting fake emails here. I hope these help!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @hrutuc,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered what sounds like a fraudster, and I'm so glad that you're being cautious! Listen to your instincts. They're serving you well. There's a list of common scams here, and an article about spotting fake emails here. I hope these help!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

hrutuc
Contributor
Contributor
thanks so much for confirming my suspicions! I really needed someone else just to make sure! Have a nice day!
Login to Me Too

hrutuc
Contributor
Contributor
I know right I was excited to sell because I really need money before school starts again in August. Thanks for the help and verifying my suspicions! Have a nice day
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.