Selling Macbook online

jayhobbis1
New Community Member

I have advertised my MacBook to sell online and have had quite a few responses wanting to buy and use Paypal and for me to ship it by secure signed for mail. Basically what's the con? If i request money from them and they pay me, I send by tracked, secure signed for mail. I keep a copy of the serial number and original receipt of purchase, what can they do? Will they say item not as described and request a refund, then ship back junk or is it safe to sell like this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Suggest following the info in the User Agreement for Seller Protection.

As the seller, it's better that you send the buyer an invoice and include a description of the item and including the serial number is a good idea.  The buyer pays, you purchase and print a shipping label, (you can also insure the item is applicable), annotate the tracking number in the transaction details and ship the item.   Yes, it's possible, the buyer can open a dispute after receiving the item and request a refund and yes, it's possible the buyer can send back a box of junk.  PayPal expects the buyer to return the item however, once they get the tracking info of the return shipment, they don't physically check to see that it was returned OK.  Unfortunately that's the risk you take.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.