Seller’s Protection: What do I do?!

KoukiMatt
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a jacket on Grailed(November 2, 2020) A dispute was made by the buyer claiming there was damages(November 24, 2020) The buyer wanted me to pay for the damages; I declined knowing there were no known damages(November 24, 2020) Paypal insists on refunding and call it even(November 30, 2020) The buyer was then told to ship the JACKET back to me(November 30, 2020) I receive a package today which is SUPPOSED to be the jacket I SOLD THEM(December 13, 2020) and it turns out to be a random t-shirt that is not belonged to me. I already expected this to happen as the buyer was starting to act scammy upon receiving the product; so I took a video of me opening the package so I can ensure my side of this. I have not a single complaint to my name about anything I’ve sold in the past. I have hundreds of PayPal purchases and not once have I had to deal with some type of dispute. I take care of my customers. Now; there is currently $115 on hold that PayPal took from me to pay the buyer for the quote on quote “damages”.. so what do I do about this? Am I getting that money back? Are they going to pay ME instead for wasting MY TIME? There’s already a open dispute so what should I do/who do I contact/how do I do it? It says I have until the 14th(today) to respond to the dispute but the response option isn’t available anymore. How do I let them know I got scammed before they give the seller the $115 they’re holding from me(PayPal said that they’ll release the money to the seller when the package shows as delivered; and the package came 4 days early(expected on the 17th)? Thank you guys so much in advance! Super new to this so I’m hoping I can get some answers. PayPal really needs a 24/7 live chat
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KoukiMatt 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

Paypal does not see what you shipped or what the buyer returned to they make a judgement call.

Sometimes sellers lose out and sometimes buyers but sadly thats the risk of online selling and buying.

If you lose then you have the option to take private legal action against the buyer or just put it down to the odd transaction gone awry.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.