Seller protection, what is it and is it possible to get it ?

seb606
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a seller from years, i used Ebay and Paypal (used because i stopped, thx to them).

On January i decided to sell new products, graphic cards.

So i asked support service from Paypal this :

If i sell a working graphic card, the buyer receive it and used it for a while but as it's fragile, he may broke it with any bad use.

If he open a complain, will i get some problem then ?

Paypal support service answer this : "No, don't worry, you can have seller protection".

So i sold product like this to one buyer.

He received his order, left a positive feedback as well received and the product works fine.

He used it for 6 weeks and sent me a message that the product doesn't work anymore.

So i send the information about warranty and the bill and i though it was all done.

But he asked me a refund, he opened a disput on Ebay and i denied it.

The disput was close in my favor on Ebay.

The buyer opened a disput on Paypal and Paypal hold the money on my account.

So i sent all the information to Paypal and i though this case will be close fast on my favor.

But finally Paypal decided to refund the buyer and he can return a broken product !

They told me that they asked information to a "third party" and the item was not as described.

So i sent all the proof to Paypal :

- the item was working, i got the feedback from the buyer itself and i took pictures of the card working before i sold it.

- i sent the capture screen about the warranty date, from the brand who sell it, with the serial number.

But Paypal didn't care my proof and also i asked Paypal about the seller protection, they never replied me.

they just prefer to keep their decision, whetever i said or proof i can send.

So i'm really disapointed, i made a good transaction but i lost 50€ for post-office fees, i lost the payment and Paypal keeps the transaction fees too and Ebay too...

So i wonder what is the seller protection..

Also the e-commerce law can't allow a buyer to return an item if it's not in the same state like when he bough it (i have proof that it was working when i sold it and after the buyer used it, it's broke).

So to me i'm 100% but i can't make nothing now, so i'mangry and disapointed.

If someone know what i can do more and if i can ask help from somewhere else and use it with Paypal ?

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.